Thursday, November 08, 2012

Homebrewed IPA

So the initial brew attempt will be ready this weekend!  It's an IPA which tends to be my favorite.  We'll see how I did.  The process was relatively easy and enjoyable...broke out my camera and took pictures during the process

The initial step is to steep the grains in hot water for an hour (which made my place smell like I had been baking all day!).  


After straining out the grains and adding more water, what's left is the wort....the liquid that eventually becomes the beer.


 IPA = hops :) The wort is boiled for an hour and Cascade & Columbus hops are added at different points during the boil


Finally, the fermentation in the glass carboy for two weeks, followed by two weeks in the bottle.  That four weeks ends this Saturday!  Looking forward to trying it...


No comments: